ONLINE SCAVENGER HUNT
The Emerson Resort & Spa, located in the heart of the Catskills in Mt. Tremper, NY, features a wide array of on-property and off-property activities including a scavenger hunt that is beloved by guests. During this period of “pause,” the Emerson has designed a trivia game based on scavenger hunt questions. Answers to all questions can be found on the Emerson website. If you answer each question correctly, the Emerson will mail you an Emerson kaleidoscope! When done, submit your answers to. Be sure to include your name, email address and home address. Good luck!
1. The Emerson Resort & Spa is located on the site of the Risely Dairy Farm – What treat did tourists get at the Risely Dairy Farm when they stopped and got off the train in 1874?
2. In 1836, Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote an essay that was inspired by the beauty of the Catskills. The publication of this essay influenced the American Conservation Movement to set aside the region as the Catskill Forest Preserve in 1885, deeming it “Forever Wild.” What was the name of the essay?
3. What is the name of the freestone stream, or creek, which flows alongside the Emerson Resort & Spa?
4. What activity is the above creek famous for?
5. What extinct animal used to roam the Catskills (hint – it’s similar to a housecat but larger)?
6. What are the three historical towns located near the Emerson?
7. How tall is the World’s Largest Kaleidoscope?
8. Name one item on our Pup Fare menu?
9. How long is the Catskill Mountains Scenic Byway?
10. At the time you completed this trivia list, how many followers did the Emerson Resort & Spa have on a) Facebook and b) Instagram and c) did you like us too?